No No Food for Dogs

Nicole Poodle 3
In Singapore, all pet dogs are treated just like their close family member. Some share their sofa, bed, including special treats such as human food. Owners are happey for doggie to be always sitting next to the dinning table, following owners into every room with constant feeding of human food from hand.

It is also for all owner to know that dogs are very different from humans in some very important ways, which can result in tragedies for consuming certain human food. Here are the 3 no no foods for dogs.

1. Xylitol
One of the newest and easily available human foods toxic to dogs, is xylitol. Xylitol is present in products from gums to sugar free cookies. When ingested in relatively small amounts, this sweetener can result in low blood sugar, seizures, liver failure and death. These symptoms can show up as quickly as 30 minutes or as long as 12 hours after ingestion, and treatment must be quick and or they can be fatal.

2. Grapes and raisins
Grapes and raisins have been found to induce kidney failure in some animals. This failure can be permanent and life threatening. It does not seem to relate to the volume ingested, and not all animals seem to be equally susceptible. Although some dogs have been eating grapes for years, the safe course is to avoid grapes and raisins completely.

3. Chocolate
Due to articles such as this, many people are now aware of chocolate’s toxicity in dogs. With the recent popularity of chocolates that are 60 and 70 percent cocoa, this risk has become much more serious. Dark chocolates have always been more toxic than milk chocolates, and these newer chocolates are even more so. Toxic doses of chocolate can cause abnormal heartbeats, kidney failure and death. The toxic dose is dependant on weight, so little dogs are at higher risk, but with the higher levels of cocoa in chocolate products now even bigger dogs are at risk.

4. Onions
Onions are tasty for our pets as well as us, but too many onions can be dangerous. High levels of onion ingestion in dogs can cause life-threatening anemia.

With any toxic exposure, minutes count so knowing what to do can save a life. Most importantly, you should have the phone number of your regular veterinary and an 24-hours vet hospital details. Be sure to have an idea of how much of the substance your pet ingested and how long ago it happened.


Posted in Skin Care Awareness Tagged with: , , , , , , , ,

Free Consultation

Call us: 91788142 / 98757503
Email: sunnychongdogtrainingschool@gmail.com

CNA Interview

Sign up for Sunny Chong Dog Training School


powered by MailChimp!

Facebook

Instagram

Testimonials

Wow Good Progress. Iris is progressing real good. Impressive. Thanks Sunny  
Edward Ngan with Iris (S Husky)Pilot

Advertise With Us

آپلود سنتر